For Belgian and International projects in railways signalling, Transurb Technirail is looking for experienced project engineers.
The post-holder will be responsible for day-to-day technical management withinthe "Technical Assistance" department. This will involve, amongst other:
- developing working documentation and instructions
- performing assessment of customer documents (review performed according to UNISIG Subset)
- reporting on technical audit, survey and on site visit
- verification and validation activities in the technical projects for railway signalling and ETCS
- Testing of ETCS equipment and signalling systems (laboratory and field tests)
- Technical feasibility study in Signalling and Telecommunication (GSM-R)
- Providing specific expertise in evaluation activities of systems architectures for railway
As such, he/she will be required to:
- Support, as technical expert, international and/or national projects managed by Transurb
- cooperate with the internal "Quality" department
- cooperate with sales department for bid assistance
- Qualified engineer.
- Experience as a Project Engineer
- A working knowledge of UNISIG Standards for ERTMS
- A minimum of 3 years signalling experience, and exposure to modern signalling systems (like ETCS / ERTMS or CBTC)
- Knowledge of Technical Specification for Interoperability and EU relevant norms and standard for Railway.
- Organised, proactive, able to work independently and solve problems.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Prepared to undertake short-term assignments abroad.
- Excellent language skills (regular discussions in French, Dutch and English).