As part of a consortium, Transurb will deal with design review and supervision of the works related to signalling in view of the modernisation of this railway line in Bulgaria.
The National Railway Infrastructure Company (NRIC) is undertaking the Elin Pelin to Kostenets Railway Line modernization project in Bulgaria.
The project involves the modernisation of 51km railway line from Elin Pelin to Kostenets via Ihtiman which was divided into following three lots. Lot 1 will be implemented with an investment of US$325 million, whereas the Lots 2 & 3 with US$465 million.
- Lot 1 (Elin Pelin – Verinsko (part of Ihtiman)): It includes the modernization of 19km railway line from Elin Pelin to Verinsko with the construction of four single-track tunnels with the length of 15.2km.
- Lot 2 (Verinsko – Nemirovo): It includes the modernization of 20km railway line from Verinsko to Nemirovo.
- Lot 3 (Nemirovo – Kostenets): It includes the modernization of 11.1km railway line from Nemirovo to Kostenets with the construction of eight double-track tunnels with the length of 5.4km.
The project also includes the construction of bridges, and trestles and related infrastructure and the installation of signaling and telecommunication equipment and the laying of rail tracks.
Supervision of the following works:
- Construction of four single-track tunnels with the length of 15.2km
- Construction of eight double-track tunnels with the length of 5.4km
- Construction of bridges
- Installation of signaling equipment
- Installation of telecommunication equipment
- Laying of rail tracks
- Construction of related infrastructure