The post-holder will be responsible for day-to-day safety aspects of the projects managed by Transurb This will involve, amongst other:
- developing working documentation and instructions
- informing project managers and experts and conducting regular skills assessments ensuring that experts and subcontractors possess the necessary formal qualifications overseeing the production and content of commercial proposals for safety aspects
- identifying risks at project level and eliminating or mitigating such risks, including impartiality-related risks providing expert technical input for assessment requests during the contract review ensuring that all assessment activities are consistent from a technical perspective approving the technical content of assessment reports for all projects under his/her responsibility.
- project management providing specific expertise in evaluation activities.
As such, he/she will be required to:
- participate in International, European and/or national coordination work
- cooperate with the “Quality” department on management system implementation and accreditation
- cooperate with sales department for bid assistance
- acquisition and retention activities
- arbitrate on technical matters
He/she will closely monitor changes to legislation and standards, both in Belgium and at European level.
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Qualified engineer.
- A minimum of 3 years in similar assignement
- Experience in the rail sector, and in rail safety in particular.
- Experience in implementation of CENELEC standards EN 50126, – 128 & -129
- Knowledge of regulations 352/2009/EC and/or 402/2013/EU.
- Knowledge of Technical Specification for Interoperability and EU relevant norms and standard for Railway.
- Organised, proactive, able to work independently and solve problems.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Prepared to undertake short-term assignments abroad.
- Excellent language skills (regular discussions in French, Dutch and English).
Contact us and send us your CV and motivation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org!