ETCS Generic Prescriptions Implementation for Infrabel
One of our team members intervenes as ETCS project engineer, a.o. for the management of ETCS equipment certificates, single balise groups,…
Infrabel is currently implementing its ETCS Master Plan. This is a concrete plan for the step-by-step deployment of ETCS on the entire railway network. By the end of 2025, only driving ETCS in Belgium is Infrabel’s ambition. Indeed, for Infrabel, this is the deadline for equipping the entire infrastructure with ETCS. The Master Plan specifies the type of ETCS that each railway line will be equipped with. For the Belgian network, Infrabel chose a combination of ETCS level 1 Full Supervision, ETCS level 1 Limited Supervision and ETCS level 2 Full Supervision.
Transurb is assisting Infrabel in the realisation of this ambition since 2009. A new resource has been added by Transurb to achieve this objective.
Transurb’s expert is part of the Generic Prescriptions team, within Infrabel’s Build department, in charge of ETCS L1 and L2 developments. Among others, the following topics are dealt with:
- Definition of the requirements (FRS, URS) based on existing ETCS requirements and operational rules
- Definition of the generic rules and procedures
- Follow up of suppliers + technical discussions
- Working groups between signalling experts about ETCS principles/rules
- Solve SiPR (Signalling Problem Report System) and update the related documents.
- Support on the project L3/L4 TSR (Temporary Reduction Speed)